[Beauty Finds] SaSa Double Pencil Sharpener

♫ 규현 (KyuHyun) The 1st Mini Album '광화문에서 (At Gwanghwamun)'

Yes, I'm blogging about a (makeup) pencil sharpener.
No, I'm not crazy - yet.


I was so fascinated by it that I posted an Instagram video when I got home to show how it works opens up.




Okay, something like this might be pretty normal to you, but to me, it's a pretty amazing beauty tool that I recently discovered. I've always been a liquid eyeliner kinda gal so I didn't have much use for sharpeners, but being a makeup aficionado means that you'll inevitably end up with some products that you (1) hardly use but still own several of anyway, or (2) love to use but can't be bothered to sharpen, which in my case are pencil eyeliners.

My point is, pencil eyeliners offer so much more variety in terms of colours, but they also need to be sharpened, and really, ain't nobody got time for that! Anyway, I'll let the pictures (and captions) do most of the talking.

It comes with a sturdy plastic case, very convenient for travel.
Flip up the lid at the back. There are 2 sizes to fit your eyeliner/eyebrow/eyeshadow pencil.
You can also flip up the top portion...
...as well as detach the sharpener from the plastic casing for cleaning!
It's really convenient because you can keep it in your makeup pouch to sharpen your pencils even while on-the-go, and you can remove it from the casing when it needs to be cleaned. What I did not expect to see was this...

What's this?
It's a tiny hidden scraper underneath!
It's a tiny scraper cleverly fitted under the sharpener, which you can use to scrape out any excess product after sharpening your pencils! Pretty nifty, eh? (◑‿◐)

The sizes are just right for my pencil eyeliners and NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil.
And so I finally got around to sharpening all my eyeliners (and that solitary Jumbo Eye Pencil which I use for the inner corners and lower waterline) today. Since it's still new, the blade sharpened the tips beautifully. I sure hope it stays that way for a long time, haha!

I can haz (almost) brand new eyeliners to use again!
Tip: You can minimize the mess made while sharpening your eyeliner/eyebrow/eyeshadow pencils, simply by placing them in the fridge (I prefer to put them in the freezer, lol) about 30mins prior to sharpening. This way the creamy part of the pencil won't stick to the blade, and makes it easier to remove and clean.


Oh, last but not least, did I mention that they're only RM 5.90 at SaSa outlets?
You can look at me like I'm crazy all you like. At least it's better than buying an overpriced high end cosmetic brand sharpener that costs upwards of US$ 8.00.

6 comments

Happy walker said...

Supported your review~ =D

Regards,
(A Growing Teenager Diary Malaysia)

Sakuranko said...

Oh very cute sharpener~
xx

www.sakuranko.com

nailsbyedyta said...

very good review and amazing blog :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds great. I use a sharpener from Bobbi Brown right now, but it has no case so it's a bit messy...

Kim said...

I'm using sharpener from etude house now and I love it, it's pink and it comes with a scraper too :)

LauraLeia said...

Happy walker: Thank you! ^^

Sakuranko: Yes indeed, and useful too! :D

fife: Thank you very much~ :)

Melissa: The ones with casings are much easier to carry around. :)

Kim: Oooh, I've never really noticed Etude's sharpener before. I'll go and check them out if I can. Thanks for the suggestion! :)